Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Gag

The Gag's reputation precedes it. For one, it is actively called "The Gag" and ID cards are often referred to as "Gag Tags." This can only imply that the food is terrible.

As a vegetarian and someone with food allergies, I have to say that I agree with the name. In my two years at Brenau I have gotten violently ill after eating there more than a few times.

So you would assume I refuse to eat there.... except that I don't. I refuse to eat their salads and vegetables (as those, respectively, were the things I got the sickest from), but the cereal is typically safe. And it's typically the only thing I can eat since "vegetarian" is not in the Gag cook book, and when it is, it's not done right.

If you ask nicely the Gag staff will cook you something special. This something special is almost always brown rice and salmon. I used to have them make me Bocca Burgers. First semester of freshman year, I literally ate a Bocca Burger twice a day every day. Now just thinking about it makes me feel woozy.

I know I'm not the only person who shares these woes. Luckily for us, there are multiple dining options! The Tea Room is almost fantastic- I would give them a higher rating if they knew what a vegetarian was. And then of course there's always off-campus dining, and by always I mean always.

So my question for you: Where do you eat more?



1 comment:

  1. I personally love eating in the tea room. The gag makes me sick...literally!

    ReplyDelete