Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Intorduction

Hello World and all who inhabit it!

This is my blog. It's about Brenau. Why? Because I go there.

Actually there are other reasons. Brenau is a huge part of my life. It's where I live, eat and breathe for the vast majority of four years. I've almost made it through two, and it has made a gigantic impact on my life.

I'm sure you are wondering "How so?" Well Brenau is changing. Which is unfortunate. What I wanted from Brenau is changing, disappearing. Despite my love for my alma mater, it makes me angry. Infuriated almost. There are so many things that I never knew could hurt me. Strange things. Formal Wear. Artwork. Boys. Everything. My whole world has become my college.

So, my title. "But that doesn't say anything about Brenau...." False my friend. Brenau is up for it's accredidation renewal. Meaning a group of randoms from some stuffy somewhere will be parading around our school, asking questions.

Specifically, what our QEP is.

If you didn't know, our QEP stands for Quality something Plan, and if you are asked, it is "Critical Thinking."

See where I'm going?

Since my main demographic for this blog is entirely of Brenau students and maybe my mom and dad, you will relate to basically everything I write about. I'll try to be vague.

Try.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought from your barnacle-encrusted professor Dad, accreditation, if performed correctly, can be a useful and affirming experience for a campus. The only time campuses have anything to worry about is when they are so totally off the mark academically that some kind of major adjustment is called for "or else." Having seen what Brenau is about, I am almost positive that the visitors will come away favorably impressed. QEP and metrics like it have become almost standard as accreditors try to tackle the thorny issue of how to "prove" to cash-strapped Moms and Dads that Junior is getting a "quality education" and is actually "learning something useful." Sometimes facilities come into the picture but usually it's an exercise in critiquing the quality of the curriculum, the quality of instruction, and so on. This hinges on funding to some degree. I won't be surprised to see a fundraiser in the near future, a capital campaign of some sort, after this is finished. If you see any of these, smile and wave. It'll help. PS: You don't suppose the statues have suddenly appeared for any reasons that have to do with accreditation, do you? Hmm? Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete